Monday, August 13, 2007

Los Campesinos!



I hit myself on the head when I heard Los Campesinos! for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Why hadn't I heard about them sooner? This seven piece band from Cardiff, Wales is too good to pass up, so I decided to write about them.

Formed in 2006 while members of the band attended university, they posted You! Me! Dancing! on MySpace and later that year, they were signed to Wichita Records. With all of the internet buzz about (which I obviously didn't hear about...) their first single, they were invited to join Broken Social Scene on tour. You! bursts with so much energy that you may want to get up and start dancing. I've been playing them on repeat for the past few days and I still can't get enough. Check them out!

Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing! [MP3]
Los Campesinos! - We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives [MP3]



Official Website
MySpace

No comments: